KissKiss HugHug™ was created in 2008 by close friends Felecia & Jacqueline. Both were new mums who found themselves self-conscious when faced with the thought of breast feeding their new additions in public. Deciding to do something about it, the KissKiss HugHug breastfeeding cover was born.
Where did the idea come from?
Our story really started with our breastfeeding cover…..when we had our first children we were so excited to take them out and show them off. Reality soon hit after finding ourselves flashing our breasts at strangers on a few occasions! If it wasn’t the memory of our beautiful babies pulling the muslin wrap down leaving us completely exposed, it was the battle to try and breastfeed when we couldn’t actually see anything under our wraps that completely turned us both off breastfeeding in public.
We had friends in our mothers groups who were facing the same issues and we all agreed there must be a better way. So along came the very first KissKiss HugHug prototype – in bright orange and white fabric! But it did the job – in fact it more than did the job. We couldn’t believe how easy and relaxed breastfeeding in public could be. There was no risk of flashing at strangers and being able to see our children while they fed was amazing.
Our nursing covers gave us freedom, choice and confidence and meant no more planning days around breastfeeding times and just getting out and about – we haven’t looked back since.
What inspired us to launch a new business?
We never planned to run a big business! We started off small, making KissKiss HugHug breastfeeding covers for ourselves, family and friends. We wanted to create a breastfeeding cover fashion label so that mums can feel stylish when they breastfeed in public.
As a result, the KissKiss HugHug breastfeeding cover very quickly took on a life of its own with orders for our breastfeeding covers becoming too large to handle for two mums with new babies! So at lunch one day, after being approached yet again about where we bought our breastfeeding cover from, we decided to create our own business, designing, manufacturing and retailing breastfeeding covers – and KissKiss HugHug™ was born!
We have since further developed our range and expanded into Feeding Pillows that are perfect for feeding at home – and when out and about, a matching baby bib range and super cute dummy savers. All can be bought online or in most local baby stores.
Is it hard running a business and raising a small family at the same time?
Being in business for yourself is certainly not easy – but the rewards that come with your own business such as flexibility, earning own income on your own terms is fantastic.
For all mumpreneurs thinking about starting a business – we say in a really big loud voice “Go For It!”.
Why choose the KissKiss HugHug breastfeeding cover?
Here is some feedback we’ve had from our customers on what they like about the KissKiss HugHug breastfeeding cover.
- Encourages breastfeeding so that mums can feed anywhere, anytime, without feeling anxious
- Feels like a fashion item with the great design and original fabrics
- Slips easily over any outfit to allow mum to breastfeed in comfort and style
- Reversible fabrics enable mum to co-ordinate her breastfeeding cover with any outfit in her wardrobe
- Silky satin strap is not only comfortable, it adds to the elegance of the design
- Gives mum the assurance of having her tummy covered
- Affordable alternative to breastfeeding tops
- Great selection of unique and original designs that appeal to most personalities
- Folds neatly and easily into any bag for mums on the go
- Perfect for traveling on planes and in foreign countries
- Blocks out stimulation so that baby can concentrate on breastfeeding
- Can be used as a change mat
- Instant canopy for your stroller, car seat or basinet
- …and we love this one – if you have to pump on the go, you can discreetly pump in the car, at the office or anywhere needed
Note: Felecia and Jacqueline worked together for nearly 3 years, when the two parted company in 2011 when Felecia was offered a fantastic opportunity in her previous career. Jacqueline continues to run the business in Sydney, Australia.